Thursday, May 13, 2010

the art of entertaining.


A peek at my dining room.

My love for fashion does not stop at clothes and jewelry. I am passionate about interior design as well. I love all those artful strokes which transform a house into a warm, inviting, and personal space. Like lighting.

Lighting is sooooo important and so often overlooked or underestimated. Dimmer switches are PURE AWESOMENESS and essential for creating romantic ambience. Scale is another important aspect of lighting fixtures--the ones in my dining room are overscaled for drama and balance (my harvest table made from salvaged barn wood is ginormous!).

It makes me so happy to set a pretty table, light candles, and attend to all the little details that make an evening special. Those details make guests feel special. It doesn't feel like a waste of time when your eye is on the larger picture: creating a lovely backdrop for memories with family and friends. Memories for a lifetime.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...