Sunday, December 9, 2012

5 winter wishes

 
 
 
It was my turn to blow out the candles
for another birthday yesterday, but this year
you get the wishes, k?
 
 
1.
I wish you the wonder of children.
 
No matter what your age,
may you notice the
magic of these
fleeting
December
days,
 

 the beauty of nature,
 
 
 
 and the sweetness
of the season.


 

2.
I wish you deliciousness.
 
May you sample
the tastes of
the holidays,
 
 
discovering new treats,
 

and savoring the warmth of the past.
 

 
3.
I wish you fashion to thrill the senses.
 
Whether your idea of high drama
is a mile-long train,
 
RESERVED for Stacy K
 
a cape with hand-formed ruffles,
 
 
 
or a simple LBD
 
 



with killer pumps...
mix it up with pieces that make
your dreams come true
(our specialty at One Girl).




4.
I wish you friendship.

“Friendship is born at that moment
when one
person says to another:





'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'”

C.S. Lewis
 

 

5.
I wish you a safe journey.
 
Wherever life is taking you these days,




may you enjoy the trip
in good company,
knowing there is always
light ahead.






 
This year on my birthday, I get to
experience new clarity about how far I have come
and all the good that is in store since I believe:
 
 "Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~Leroy "Satchel" Paige


 and also:
 

 

 
"You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope,
as old as your despair."
 ~Douglas MacArthur
 

 Peace.

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...